Seventh Grade, Eighth Grade
This course aims to equip students with the fundamental concepts of logic and algorithmic thinking, laying the foundation for their understanding of computer programming. Through engaging hands-on activities and interactive projects, students will learn how to break down problems into smaller, more manageable steps, design solutions using algorithms, and apply their knowledge to create their own computer programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define and apply basic logical concepts, including truth tables, propositional logic, and Boolean operators.
- Understand the concept of an algorithm and its role in computer programming.
- Develop algorithms to solve simple computational problems.
- Apply algorithmic thinking skills to design and implement computer programs using a block-based programming language or text-based language like Python.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and creativity in approaching and solving computational problems.